DALLAS, Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Larissa Herda, Chairman, CEO and President of tw telecom, today keynoted the COMPTEL PLUS Fall 2012 Convention & EXPO in Dallas and called for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to embrace "smart, forward looking competitive telecom policy with price and service quality rules where incumbents have market power, regardless of technology used." tw telecom (NASDAQ: TWTC), is a leading provider of managed services, including Business Ethernet, converged and IP VPN solutions for enterprises, large organizations and government entities throughout the U.S.
"The FCC should establish technology-neutral policies, a principle that is central to the Telecom Act of 1996 and competition policy," Ms. Herda said. "The industry is moving from a physical infrastructure to a logical one. We're moving from circuits to services. Innovation is driving our success as a competitive industry."
As part of this industry innovation, tw telecom recently introduced its Intelligent Network capabilities to give enterprises immediate visibility, control and flexibility of their networks. Imagine being able to immediately double or triple your network capacity, when you need it in seconds and to see it provisioned in real time without interrupting your service? That is the promise of tw telecom's Intelligent Network and Dynamic Capacity real-time, on-demand bandwidth capability."The market is changing," Ms. Herda said. "We as an industry must adapt to new technologies and capabilities as our customers adopt IT strategies for cloud services and solutions. And we must convince the FCC to update its competition rules to accommodate these changes." About half of all wide area networking ports in use by enterprises today need to become Ethernet ready in order to drive competition, deliver predictable network connections for emerging applications and create a healthy economy according to Ms. Herda.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV