Rating Change #7
Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- VNO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 18.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for VORNADO REALTY TRUST is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.80% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$43.24 million or 167.62% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts