JP Morgan and Wells Fargo are two of the four "too-big-to-fail" money center banks with plenty of accounting flexibility to manage earnings expectations. Will revenues continue to be raised by write-offs of bad loans and reduced loan loss provisions? Will revenue be reduced because of lower Treasury yields?
Beware that bank stocks are up against multiyear highs but below their September QE3 reaction highs. Will there be a positive catalyst in the banking industry given the slowing economy here and abroad?
At the time of publication, Suttmeier had no positions in stocks mentioned.
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.Follow @Suttmeier
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV