Coca-Cola today placed its bet that no matter the winner, city employees in Chicago and San Antonio will be healthier, more active, and better informed about their diet choices in one year’s time.
Today, the ABA Foundation announced it will fund a $5 million “wellness challenge” between the cities of Chicago and San Antonio. Through Chicago’s “Chicago Lives Healthy” and San Antonio’s “Three Month HealthPOWER Weight Loss Challenge”, over the course of a year, city employees and their families are going to battle it out to see who can be the healthiest city employees and lose the most weight.
Choosing a beverage from a Coca-Cola vending machine and knowing just how many calories there are in that Coca-Cola, vitaminwater zero or Powerade before they make their selection just got even easier for them.
Coca-Cola, its beverage industry peers of the American Beverage Association (ABA) and the cities of Chicago and San Antonio are launching a Calories Count™ Vending Program. This initiative will give people the choices, information and encouragement they need to choose the beverages that are right for themselves and their families.Beginning in 2013, Coca-Cola vending machines, as well as those of all other industry peers in both cities, will feature calorie information for each beverage selection. Messaging will promote lower calorie beverages and remind people that all calories count. Following the launch in Chicago and San Antonio, the program will be rolled out across the country in 2013. The Calories Count™ Vending Program, which builds on a prior Coca-Cola commitment to place front-of-pack calorie labeling on nearly all beverages worldwide, is part of the beverage industry’s commitment in the United States to provide clearer calorie information and more low- and no-calorie product choices. Coca-Cola remains the only global beverage company to offer front of pack energy labeling in all markets around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV