MOSCOW, October 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, the world-leading provider of scientific, technical, and medical information products and services, and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) announced the winners of the 2012 SciVal | Scopus Awards Russia.
The Scopus Awards, started in Russia in 2005, have been co-hosted by Elsevier and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research for the past two years to support scientific research in Russia by recognizing outstanding Russian scientists. This initiative is supported by the Russian Ministry of Education and Science, the Russian Academy of Science, and the Russian Academy of Medical Science.
This year, the award was named SciVal | Scopus Award because the selection criteria are based on data from both SciVal Spotlight, Elsevier's analytics database, and Scopus, the world's largest abstract and citation database for peer-reviewed literature. The selection criteria consist of the number of publications and the number of citations over the last 5 years in growing competencies, drawn from SciVal Spotlight and from Scopus, as well as the level of activity in RFBR's programs and grants.The winners in the five award categories are: For Outstanding Contribution to Chemistry: Dr. Alexey Khokhlov - Vice-Rector of Moscow State University, Head of Laboratory of Physical Chemistry of Polymers, Nesmeyanov Institute of Organoelement Compounds, Moscow, Russian Federation. For Outstanding Contribution to Mathematics: Dr. Sergey A. Nazarov - Researcher at the Institute of Problems of Mechanical Engineering and Professor, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation. For Outstanding Contribution to Physics: Nikolai V. Antonenko and Gurgen G. Adamian from the Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics of Joint Institute of Nuclear Research, Dubna, Russian Federation. For Outstanding Contribution to Biology:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV