For the eighth straight year, the parent company of Arizona Public Service Co. has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI) .
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. (NYSE: PNW) has been recognized in the DJSI every year since the Index first was established in 2005 and is one of only nine North American electric utilities included in the 2012 listing.
“At APS, sustainable business practices drive our long-term strategy and our day-to-day decisions,” said APS Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer Ed Fox. “Our business model demands a laser focus on our financial strength and on the environmental and community impacts of our actions.
“For 126 years of doing business in Arizona, we have been committed to delivering shareholder value in ways that demonstrate social and environmental responsibility. This vision will help ensure our business and our customers thrive for the next 126 years.”The annual DJSI review – the premier index recognizing sustainable business practices for publicly held corporations – is based on thorough quantitative and qualitative analysis of corporate governance, economic, environmental and social performances. Specifically, the DJSI evaluates corporate governance, risk management, climate strategy, environmental policy/management systems, supply chain standards and labor practices. Pinnacle West Capital, an energy holding company based in Phoenix, Ariz., has consolidated assets of about $13.2 billion, more than 6,300 megawatts of generating capacity and about 6,700 employees in Arizona and New Mexico. Through its principal subsidiary, Arizona Public Service, the Company provides retail electricity service to more than 1.1 million Arizona homes and businesses. For more information about Pinnacle West, visit the Company’s website at pinnaclewest.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV