Details released today show how Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) solutions were used by Huawei to validate and harden the resiliency of the InteropNet network, which provided business-critical communications for attendees, exhibitors and staff at Interop New York. The InteropNet infrastructure provided production-quality network reliability for nearly 8,000 users during the event, as attendees used the infrastructure to email, post status updates, stream videos, download files, text and more. Huawei, whose equipment supports the core of InteropNet, deployed Ixia solutions to test and validate this key infrastructure under the same enterprise-class network conditions now being seen at the event.
Ixia and Huawei ensure network resiliency for InteropNet
- Ixia solutions were used to create real-world traffic and network scenarios in order to optimize and harden the resiliency of Huawei core routers and switches prior to the launch of InteropNet.
- Working together, Ixia and Huawei conducted a series of simulations to ensure reliability, restoration capability, performance scaling and total data network throughput. Using the Ixia IxNetwork, Huawei was able to fulfill a number of critical needs:
- Validated network performance when faced with real-world user traffic, including dual-stack IPv4/IPv6, RIP, OSPFv3, BGP+, IS-ISv6 and IPv6 multicast.
- Improved recovery times and ensured a continuous user experience in the event of network failover at various points, including the edge, aggregation layer and core.
- Hardened the resiliency of the network under enterprise-class user scenarios, including 10,000 concurrent users.
- As a centerpiece for InteropNet, Huawei is supporting several parts of the network with its enterprise-class solutions:
- The core, with redundant Huawei S9700 terabit routing series switches.
- The aggregation layer, with redundant Huawei S7700 series switches.
- The access layer, with Huawei S5700 switches.
Validate resiliency using your unique enterprise-class network conditions
“A major cornerstone of the Interop event, InteropNet is a built-in collaboration with handpicked, innovative vendors such as Huawei, who work together to create a cutting-edge, interoperable network,” said Thomas Keenan, director, integrated marketing enterprise solutions at Huawei Enterprise USA. “As a critical piece of InteropNet, as well as of enterprise-class network infrastructures throughout the world, Huawei is committed to providing a reliable, continuous and high-speed user experience. Using Ixia solutions, we are able to create the exact network conditions our equipment will see post deployment, whether at Interop or at a large global enterprise, and deploy fine-tuned equipment to ensure ultimate performance.”