In order to grow and win in a rapidly evolving cable television market, France Telecom realized that it needed radically new approaches to customer service. The company knew that its customers prized quick and efficient problem resolution, and it saw this issue as a major competitive lever in the marketplace.
To achieve this end, France Telecom selected BMC Software’s (NASDAQ: BMC) BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management solution. The software enabled the company to detect problems in real time, prioritize their importance based on business service impact, and determine the root cause so the problem could be referred to the appropriate team for resolution, resulting in significant improvements to the speedy resolution of customer requests.
“France Telecom relies on the scalable event management and service modeling capabilities in BMC Software’s ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite to visualize the impact events have on our key global services,” said Philippe Campana, SIM project manager for France Telecom. “BMC offers many nice features, and their strategy is definitely moving in the right direction.”
The ChallengeIn order to differentiate itself amongst competitors through superior service quality, France Telecom needed a solution to quickly identify and resolve the problems that would have the greatest impact on customer service. The Solution The company implemented the BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite to correlate and prioritize events and diagnose problems in real time. Based on that information, the problems are quickly resolved with minimal impact on critical business outcomes and customer satisfaction. Benefits France Telecom has experienced a number of benefits by implementing BMC’s performance management solution, including:
- Reduced problem diagnosis time from more than 90 minutes to 2-3 minutes
- Improved service quality by automatically determining an event’s impact on business services so resolution efforts can be prioritized to maximize customer service
- Consistent and faster routing of problems to the correct team to reduce problem resolution time
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts