Harry obviously likes to put things in neat little boxes to keep confusion away.
As I noted on CNBC, part of the tragedy is that a post-Steve Jobs Apple might just be an unworkable situation. That makes people intellectually uncomfortable, which helps explain some of the outrage as well as calls to halt the conversation. Our society has a difficult time coming to grips with complex issues that raise more questions than answers.
That's what I specialize in.
If you're a parent, you'll get this. I don't just tell my daughter, "Don't do that because I said so." Nor do I give her an answer merely for the sake of closure or sparing uncomfortable emotions.Often, I tell her "I don't know." That so many things exist in life have no answers or many possible answers. We're still trying to figure things out. It's a messy, but wonderful and enlightening process. I don't write with a fear of being wrong. In this racket, you have to accept that you'll be dead wrong multiple times. If you don't you're fooling yourself. I write to explore emotions, to tangle with the unanswerable, not to spoon feed easy "answers" and tell people what they want to hear simply for the sake of winning approval. I think the larger audience, Apple fans and otherwise, appreciates this approach. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @RoccoPendola This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV