NEW YORK, Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Packaged Facts projects the market value of EPA/ DHA omega-3 packaged products to reach $34.7 billion in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% over 2011. Expanding public awareness of EPA/DHA omega-3 health benefit through positive media coverage of scientific research findings, as well as developments in regulatory markets, will contribute significantly to continued growth in the global market for EPA/DHA omega-3 products. Other factors that will continue to create a positive growth environment for EPA/DHA omega-3 products include:
- Consumer interest in functional food and fortified product line expansions;
- Increasing demand for fortified infant formula due to population growth and rising middle class in emerging economies;
- Continued popularity of EPA/DHA omega-3 nutritional supplement products, including krill oil and vegetarian algae-based supplements;
- Introduction of pharmaceutical-grade products into South America and approval of generic forms in existing markets;
- Expanding clinical nutrition market opportunities for disease- and disorder-specific formula applications, created through additional R & D and aggressive marketing by ingredient suppliers; and
- Premiumization of pet foods due to humanization of companion animals.