The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) will ring The Opening Bell (SM) today at the New York Stock Exchange. ADT began trading on the public equity markets on October 1, 2012. ADT is a leader in the electronic security, interactive home and business automation and alarm monitoring services industry in the U.S. and Canada, with 6.4 million customers and nearly 16,000 employees.
ADT CEO Naren Gursahaney, Chairman Bruce Gordon, and Chief Financial Officer Kathryn Mikells will be joined on the New York Stock Exchange podium by longtime customers Tom and Kathi Guarino of Glen Head, N.Y., whose ADT home security system helped to save their lives. They will be accompanied by members of the Nassau County, N.Y. emergency medical services and fire and police departments, including Tom McGillicuddy, chief of the Glenwood Volunteer Fire Department and Wally Zeins, Glenwood EMT. McGillicuddy and Zeins are representing the volunteer firefighters that were dispatched to the Guarino’s home after dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were detected.
ADT employees will also help celebrate this important milestone in the company’s nearly 140-year history. “I am pleased to stand among my colleagues and these remarkable individuals to celebrate this important day for ADT,” said Gursahaney. “They represent the core of what we do — we help save lives.”
Joining her colleagues on the podium will be Brea Juntenen, an emergency dispatch operator from Rochester, N.Y. Juntenen, a fire victim herself, was chosen by ADT leaders to represent the company at the New York Stock Exchange after learning through a company-wide essay contest how she applies that experience to her work every day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV