NEW YORK -- Alcoa (AA), the first component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average to report each quarter, is expected by analysts after Tuesday's closing bell to post third-quarter earnings at breakeven on a per-share basis.
Revenue for the aluminum maker is expected at $5.57 billion.
Yum! Brands (YUM), the owner of Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC, is expected by analysts to post quarterly earnings of 97 cents a share on revenue of $3.66 billion.
Edwards Lifesciences (EW), the heart valve maker, provided a weak outlook for the third quarter on Monday, citing the impact of austerity measures in Europe and other factors. The company expects sales of $448 million in the September-ended quarter, below its previous targeted range of between $465 million to $485 million. Wall Street's consensus estimate is for revenue of $476.6 million in the quarter. 5 Small-Cap Bank Stock Winners Nobody's Talking About
AngioDynamics (ANGO) posted a fiscal first-quarter loss on Monday of 2 cents a share; analysts had expected the medical instruments maker to post earnings of 9 cents a share. AngioDynamics also announced plans to buy Vortex Medical for $15 million.
Principal Financial (PFG), the insurance company, announced Monday it agreed to buy Chile's AFP Cuprum, a pension company, for $1.5 billion. For GM, a Well-Regarded Honk of Approval
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV