Xyratex Ltd. Stock Downgraded (XRTX)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- XRTX has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, XRTX has a quick ratio of 1.52, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 23.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, XYRATEX LTD's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income has decreased by 19.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $9.66 million to $7.75 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts