Comparethemarket.com Anticipates Surge In Car Insurance Comparisons As New Research Reveals Rising Motoring Costs
LONDON, October 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
comparethe market.com, one of the UK's leading price comparison websites, is expecting an increase in car insurance comparisons as new research reveals the growing pressure of increased motoring costs to drivers.
According to the study [ 1 ], a third of families have had to cut the number of trips they make to see relatives due to the rising cost of motoring, primarily due to the increasing price of fuel. Thirty per cent of people have said they can no longer afford to visit their parents while almost one in five have had to cease visiting their grandparents. One in ten even report that they expect to miss out on Christmas visits.
Despite this, the research found that driving is still considered "essential" by many families, with a quarter saying that they will "always" use their car despite the rising costs. Therefore, it is essential that many find ways to save money. The study found that 35 per cent of people have cut back on family nights out to pay for fuel while 14 per cent have bought less food. However, according to comparethe market.com, switching to a cheaper car insurance policy could provide a quick, more direct way to save on motoring costs.Simon McCulloch, Director of Insurance at comparethe market.com said: "Car insurance payments are an unavoidable cost of driving. However, drivers can avoid paying more than they have to by comparing offers from different insurers and switching to a cheaper policy. To see how much you can save, visit comparethemarket.com to compare quotes from a wide range of car insurance providers and quickly and easily find the right policy to suit your needs." Specialising in more than just car insurance, comparethe market.com provides customers with an easy way to find the right deal on a wide range of insurance and financial products including home insurance, van insurance, bike insurance, life insurance, pet insurance and credit cards. It also offers comparisons for a range of household utilities including electricity, gas, phone, broadband and digital TV. [ 1 ] http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4514609/Motoring-costs-stop-Brits-from-visiting-relatives.html About comparethemarket.com
- compare the marke t.com was launched in 2006 and has grown rapidly over the past six years to become one of the UK's leading price comparison websites.
- compare the market .com provides customers with an easy way to make the right choice for them on a wide range of products including motor, home, life, travel and pet insurance as well as utilities and money products such as, credit cards and loans.
- compare the market .com actively selects its brand partners, working with the best and most trusted organisations to ensure quality service to consumers .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV