SCHAFFHAUSEN, Switzerland, Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. (NYSE: STP), the world's largest producer of solar panels, and EDP Renovaveis have signed a contract for Suntech to supply 39 megawatts (MW) of polycrystalline solar panels. The Suntech solar panels will power four new photovoltaic projects under construction in Romania that will be connected between late 2012 and early 2013.
"We are pleased to cooperate with one of the most prominent players in the Spanish and Portuguese energy market, and a leader in the renewable energy sector. EDP shares our vision to drive the adoption of renewable energy through the provision of high-quality, affordable solar products," said Vedat Gurgeli, Managing Director of Suntech Europe.
"It's exciting and motivating to see companies like EDP Renovaveis focused on growing their portfolio of solar installations around the world. Suntech is proud to be selected for these first major solar projects in Romania," said Alejandro Moreno, Suntech's Country Head for Spain and Portugal.
To learn more about Suntech's efforts in making solar power affordable, please visit the
Suntech Connect blog, like us on
Facebook, or follow us Twitter
@Suntech_Connect for regular updates.
About EDP Renovaveis
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV