BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As employees increasingly use a variety of both and corporate and personal mobile devices to conduct business, global enterprises face the challenge of securing and enabling access to sensitive corporate information across all of the devices. To address this challenge, Verizon has expanded its Enterprise Mobility as a Service offering to provide comprehensive support for managing a wide variety of applications, access options and devices, including smartphones, tablets and laptops.
The expanded offering will roll out this month to medium and large businesses in 30 countries and territories in Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, with local billing, currency and support options available. The offering features:
- Secure Workspace, which employs Divide by Enterproid to separate and secure professional data on both corporate-issued and employee-owned devices. The secure workspace can be managed by an IT organization while maintaining user privacy by creating a firewall between business and personal data.
- New Mobile Device Management, which has been extended to smartphones and tablets, so they can be locked, wiped of corporate information and controlled remotely by a central administrator. Previously, this feature was only available on laptop and desktop computers.
- Expanded Wi-Fi Offload Access, which enables Verizon Enterprise Solutions subscribers to connect to more than 500,000 hot spots in 90 countries and places around the world. The service automatically configures connections to provide quick and cost-effective access to corporate resources. In addition, customers can configure and deploy corporate Wi-Fi directories across their devices to make more effective use of corporate mobile data networks when employees are at their own offices or campuses.
"Until now, companies have had to cobble together the essential requirements to employ effective enterprise mobility policies and programs," said Bill Versen, director of mobility solutions for Verizon Enterprise Solutions. "With Enterprise Mobility as a Service, Verizon has created one of the most comprehensive and capable solutions to put enterprise mobility to work on a global basis. Now, companies can leverage a single user-based management platform to outfit a global workforce to successfully navigate the changing business landscape for greater productivity."
Unlike other offerings that require companies to pay for services on a per-device basis, Verizon's Enterprise Mobility as a Service creates a powerful package of capabilities that is available by subscription and competitively priced on a per-user basis. Customers pay a single monthly charge per user, regardless of the number of devices authorized for an individual's business use.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV