Frost & Sullivan: Online Video Outperforms All Other Segments Of Online General Advertising
SYDNEY, Oct. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The online general advertising market in Australia grew 21% from June 2011 to June 2012 to reach $768 million, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14% till 2017. Online video was the fastest growing type of online general advertising inventory, growing 58% during that period.
Based on Frost & Sullivan's report Australian Online General and Mobile Advertising Market 2012 , published in October 2012 which includes a survey conducted with online advertisers in Australia, half of all respondents indicate that their online general advertising budget increased in 2012, with 39% indicating an increase of more than 25%.
The online video advertising market, at $86 million in 2012, is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 39% from 2012 to 2017. Its share of the online general advertising market will increase from 11% in 2012 to 30% in 2017, outperforming all other major online general advertising segments - online display, advertorials, integrated site content and sponsorships and EDM / e-newsletters.
Phil Harpur, Senior Research Manager, Australia & New Zealand ICT Practice, Frost & Sullivan said online general advertising expenditure funded from diversion of funds from traditional media advertising (such as newspapers, print directories, direct mail, TV, and radio) is still high. "This indicates that the migration from offline to online channels is a significant factor in the growth of the online advertising market. 59% of organisations indicated they had achieved measurable ROI from their online general advertising in 2012," he added."Social media is quickly becoming a popular advertising medium. Facebook has seen strong growth in advertising revenues and the proportion of Australian companies choosing to advertise on Facebook is growing strongly," Harpur shared.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV