3. OmniAmerican Bancorp
Shares of OmniAmerican Bancorp (OABC) of Fort Worth, Texas, closed at $22.93 Friday, returning 46% year-to-date, following a 16% return during 2011.
The shares trade for 1.3 times tangible book value, and for 31 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 75 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 41 cents.
OmniAmerican Bancorp had $1.3 billion in total assets as of June 30. For the 12-month period ended June 30, the company's ROA was 0.33%, and its ROE was 2.58%.
The analyst consensus is for the company to report third-quarter earnings of eight cents a share, declining from 14 cents the previous quarter, and 10 cents, a year earlier.OmniAmerican is included on KBW's "consolidation list" of potential acquisition targets. KBW analyst Brady Gailey's price target for the shares is $28. The analyst said in late July, after OmniAmerican reported its second-quarter results, that "we continue to believe OABC's attractive franchise will be sought after by at least a handful of buyers," after the end of the three-year moratorium, following the company's conversion from mutual to stock ownership in January 2010. OABC data by YCharts
Interested in more on OmniAmerican Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV