But the Bernstein analysis highlights a positive result will be higher recurring revenue as a percentage of total with potentially higher cash return to investors.
The question is how the valuation will react to this shift in mix.
At the time of publication, Kass had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Nothing Is Certain
Originally published on Thursday, Oct. 4 at 2:31 p.m. EDT.
- In 2006, it was said that home prices would never decline in a 12-month period.
- Up until recently, there was near unanimity that Apple's (AAPL - Get Report) shares would only rise. But since the shares went through $700 on the upside, the stock has been an underperformer. The shares are down by $5 today in an otherwise solid market backdrop.
- Last night on "Fast Money," it caught my attention that there was total unanimity that the price of crude oil would continue its southerly course. The only argument was when to short oil. Today the price of crude is up by nearly $3.50 a barrel!
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts