Easy Solution for Healthy Living
- Simply replacing a typical restaurant or cafeteria lunch with a pre-portioned, single-serve Healthy Choice® meal without any other dietary changes or additional exercise led to decreased calorie intake and improved diet quality in 30 days. The study participants saw their diets decrease in total fat, saturated fat, trans fat and sodium. While overall calories consumed per day decreased, their intake of the dairy, fruit and vegetable food groups did not change. This study shows that eating frozen, portion-controlled meals for lunch can be a convenient and effective way to decrease daily calorie intake and improve diet quality - important measures for people trying to lose weight.
Americans' Favorite Non-Starchy Vegetable
- Eating canned tomatoes provides the greatest source of antioxidants to Americans' diets – more than any other non-starchy vegetable. People who eat diets rich in fruits and vegetables tend to have a decreased risk of cancer and heart disease. Researchers have not identified exactly what it is about fruits and vegetables that confer the health benefits, but it is known that fruits and vegetables contribute antioxidants to the diet. As Americans' favorite non-starchy vegetable, tomatoes provide an achievable option for those who want to increase their intake of antioxidants. Additionally, canned tomatoes are available year round providing a convenient and cost-effective way to increase antioxidant intake during any season.
"Years of research show restrictive diets are challenging for people to follow for long periods of time," says leading cardiologist, Dr. James Rippe, founder and director of the Rippe Lifestyle Institute, one of the world's leading research and health promotion organizations, and the research institution that conducted these studies. "It is easier for people to look at healthy eating through a positive lens by focusing on foods they can eat to improve their overall diet – more so than foods they can't eat."
"These studies provide easy options for people looking to improve their diet," notes Reimers. "Snacking on popcorn, substituting a portion controlled frozen meal for lunch or adding more canned tomatoes to your weekly meal routine are simple modifications that can help people to eat better."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV