- Wear and tear of your new sofa is accelerated by dust and dirt so be sure to vacuum weekly. A lint roller is best for quickly and easily removing pet hairs if visitors are due.
- Most sofas come with stain-proof protection but this works best when spills are treated straightaway. Keep a cotton cloth and cleaner close by for immediate and effective treatment. Remember: blot, don't rub! If your material feels a little hard after cleaning, just brush gently with a toothbrush to soften.
- Remember to check the cleaning tag on the sofa to see which type of cleaner is most suitable. You should see one of the following: W - water-based cleaner only S - solvent-based cleaner only S-W - either type is fine If the tag has been removed, do a patch test on a hidden area.
- Remove smells from your sofa by sprinkling baking soda over affected areas. Simply allow the powder to sit for a while before vacuuming. Simple but effective!
- Get a professional cleaning company to give your sofa a comprehensive cleaning once a year. It may cost a little extra cash, but it'll give your sofa a longer lifespan and save you money in the long run.
Sofas Get A Modern Twist At CSL
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.