WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Oct. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Since first introducing 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) in Palo Alto in December 2011, Verizon Wireless has expanded the nation's fastest 4G network and now reaches more than 15,000 college students at Stanford.
With Verizon's 4G LTE wireless technology, on-the-go students at major universities as well as local community and small, private colleges can maximize their academic experience as they head back to campus by:
- Streaming lectures or course content;
- Connecting instantly with professors via social media;
- Registering for classes and searching campus libraries;
- Sharing content via shared tools such as Drop Box;
- Allowing large homework files to be emailed;
- Providing quick access to notes and information to study for tests and complete projects, and;
- Communicating easier and faster with friends and family through video chat.
"As more classes begin integrating technology in the curriculum, students have a greater need to stay connected," said Russ Preite, region president for Verizon Wireless. "Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE technology helps students stay on top of their schoolwork and connected to friends."
Within Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE service area, Verizon customers with 4G LTE-enabled devices can stream video, share music and photos, surf the Web and download files at speeds up to 10 times faster than customers on 3G networks. For businesses utilizing the network, the increasing speed of broadband connectivity provides the most sophisticated wireless capabilities for economic advancement.In real-world, fully loaded network environments, Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE customers in the coverage area should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits (Mbps) per second on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV