WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Oct. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Since first introducing 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) in Palo Alto in December 2011, Verizon Wireless has expanded the nation's fastest 4G network and now reaches more than 15,000 college students at Stanford.
With Verizon's 4G LTE wireless technology, on-the-go students at major universities as well as local community and small, private colleges can maximize their academic experience as they head back to campus by:
- Streaming lectures or course content;
- Connecting instantly with professors via social media;
- Registering for classes and searching campus libraries;
- Sharing content via shared tools such as Drop Box;
- Allowing large homework files to be emailed;
- Providing quick access to notes and information to study for tests and complete projects, and;
- Communicating easier and faster with friends and family through video chat.
"As more classes begin integrating technology in the curriculum, students have a greater need to stay connected," said Russ Preite, region president for Verizon Wireless. "Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE technology helps students stay on top of their schoolwork and connected to friends."
Within Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE service area, Verizon customers with 4G LTE-enabled devices can stream video, share music and photos, surf the Web and download files at speeds up to 10 times faster than customers on 3G networks. For businesses utilizing the network, the increasing speed of broadband connectivity provides the most sophisticated wireless capabilities for economic advancement.In real-world, fully loaded network environments, Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE customers in the coverage area should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits (Mbps) per second on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts