PORTLAND, Ore., Oct. 5, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Schmitt Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:SMIT) announced today that James A. Fitzhenry has been named Chief Executive Officer of the Company, effective immediately. Fitzhenry, 57, has been President of Schmitt since June of 2009 and succeeds Wayne A. Case, who will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors with a focus on strategies and product roadmaps for key products.
"Jim has been with us for four years and we are pleased to promote Jim to the position of Chief Executive Officer and look forward to his leadership as we prepare for the next stage of our growth," commented Wayne Case, Chairman of the Board.
About Schmitt IndustriesSchmitt Industries, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets computer-controlled vibration detection and balancing equipment (the Balancer segment) primarily to the machine tool industry. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Schmitt Measurement Systems, Inc., the Company designs, manufactures and markets precision laser-based surface measurement products for a wide variety of commercial applications in addition to the disk drive, silicon wafer and optics industries; laser-based distance measurement products for a wide variety of industrial applications; and ultrasonic measurement products that accurately measure the fill levels of liquefied propane tanks and transmit that data via satellite to a secure web site (the Measurement segment). The Company also sells and markets its products in Europe through its wholly owned subsidiary, Schmitt Europe Ltd. located in the United Kingdom.
CONTACT: Jeffrey T Siegal, CFO and Treasurer (503) 227-7908 or visit our web site at www.schmitt-ind.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV