DANBURY, Conn., Oct. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Biodel Inc. (Nasdaq: BIOD) today announced it will be hosting a meeting for analysts and investors on October 11, 2012 in New York. During the meeting, independent experts in the field of diabetes will provide an overview of the unmet medical needs and review the therapeutics in development as they relate to Biodel's major programs. Biodel's senior management will review the company's pipeline in areas of ultra-rapid-acting insulin, glucagon and other aspects of the business.
Lutz Heinemann, PhD, Founder, former CEO and Scientific Advisor Profil Institute for Metabolic Research will present the limitations of current meal-time insulins and what the future holds. Donna Rice, MBA, BSN, RN, CDE, FAADE, President of Big Picture Health and former President of the Diabetes Health and Wellness Institute (affiliate of Baylor Health Care Systems) will discuss hypoglycemia and using glucagon in clinical practice. Steven Russell, MD, PhD, Investigator at the Massachusetts General Hospital Diabetes Research Center in Boston, MA and Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School will be joined by Edward Damiano, PhD, Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Boston University to describe the coming of age of the bionic endocrine pancreas. Biodel's senior management will review the company's product candidates being developed to address the issues described by the independent experts.
The presentations will be webcast live through the "Investors" section of the company's website beginning at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time. To access the webcast, please log on to Biodel's website at www.biodel.com approximately fifteen minutes prior to the presentation to register and download any necessary audio software. A recording will be made available on the website for 90 days following the event.
About Biodel Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV