Republicans Beat Democrats in Green Arena
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- There is a belief in political circles that Democrats love the renewable energy business while Republicans hate it. Certainly there is rhetoric to that effect.
But let's look at the record.
Clean-tech employment nearly doubled in Alaska during the last decade, and the job count in oil-rich North Dakota was up by 58%. Alaska had the highest percentage of its workers involved in clean-tech employment by 2010, but Arkansas, Tennessee and South Carolina also ranked high. Wyoming has a fast-growing green job count.The state with the third-highest number of clean tech jobs? Texas. Georgia, where I live, is also in the top 10. Georgia Power, which is building a huge new nuclear power plant along the Savannah River, is nevertheless committed to add 210 MW of additional solar power to its grid
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV