HOUSTON, Oct. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today was presented the Mayor's CARE Award from Houston Mayor Annise Parker for the contributions of employee volunteers in addressing and removing barriers for people with disabilities.
The award recognizes projects employee volunteers completed during the 2012 LyondellBasell Global Care Day in April at the Houston Metropolitan Multi Service Center, which primarily serves people with disabilities. The award also recognizes the company's legal department which provides free, quarterly legal advice clinics at the center through LyondellBasell's Pro Bono program in collaboration with the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program.
"At LyondellBasell we make it a priority to participate in the communities in which we operate. We are honored to receive the CARE Award for our work with the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities on these two efforts," said Monica Karuturi, a LyondellBasell attorney. "Through our Global Care Day project at the Multi-Service Center, we saw an opportunity to continue serving people with disabilities through our Pro Bono program. In Texas, four out of five individuals who qualify for legal aid do not receive it. The LyondellBasell legal department is working to bridge that gap."
During Global Care Day, company volunteers helped upgrade the facility by rehabilitating the staff kitchen, adding a multi-sensory library, planting trees, constructing wheelchair accessible gardens, and doing general maintenance work and painting. The project also resulted in the painting of a Houston skyline mural at the entrance to the center.Volunteer LyondellBasell attorneys provide quarterly sessions of legal consultation at the center on a range of legal issues, including wills and probate, taxes, worker's compensation, disability and benefits claims, family law and landlord/tenant issues as part of the company's Pro Bono program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV