Garmin (GRMN) is a provider of navigation, communication and information devices and applications, which are enabled by GPS technology. This stock is trading up 1.3% at $42.91 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.4 millionAverage Volume: 927,274 Volume % Change: 184% >>5 Big Stocks to Trade for Gains From a technical perspective, GRMN is following through with some upside strength here after the stock closed back above its 200-day moving average at $42.38 on Thursday. This move today is coming with above-average volume, and it's quickly pushing GRMN within range of a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once GRMN manages to take out some overhead resistance levels at $42.85 to $43.34 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GRMN as long as its trending above its 200-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 927,274 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then look for GRMN to re-test or take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $46 to $48.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV