John Ward, Senior Vice President, Sallie Mae And Academy Award Winning Actress Mira Sorvino Attend The Make The Pledge, Keep The Promise College Savings Luncheon, Held At The Benjamin Hotel In New York City, Thursday, October 4, 2012. (AP Photo/Jennifer Graylock)
According to a recent study, Oct. 5 is the most common birthday in America with approximately 13,000 babies born on this day each year and 1 million people sharing this birthday. As these children enter the world, the cost of a college education is expected to nearly triple over the next 18 years. Upromise by Sallie Mae has teamed up with Academy Award winning actress and mother of four Mira Sorvino to remind both these expanding families and families nationwide about the importance of planning for the future and saving for college.
"My education at Harvard was a turning point in my life. The experience I gained there has allowed me to channel my passion for children and social justice causes into advocacy that is extremely meaningful to me. Now that I'm a mom to two daughters and two sons, I can't emphasize the importance of education enough," says Sorvino. "Making a personal pledge and starting to save can ensure your children have the brightest future possible. Upromise by Sallie Mae makes it easy to save each and every day."
Now through Nov. 13, Americans who join the millions of Upromise members saving for college are eligible to win the “Make the Pledge, Keep the Promise” full ride to college $150,000 scholarship. Upromise members have already saved $700 million for college and are marching towards a collective goal of $1 billion for higher education. In addition, each week for eight weeks Upromise by Sallie Mae will give away $500 gift cards from major online retailers such as Macy’s, Walmart, and Travelocity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV