Nearest Resistance: $21.50
Nearest Support: $16.50Catalyst: Board Change Finally, Avon Products (AVP) is up close to 6% as I write, following news that former CEO Andrea Jung would be stepping down as executive chairman of Avon's board. Shares fell hard and profits declined during Jung's time as CEO, and many investors felt that her presence as executive chairman of the board meant that Avon wasn't giving its old approach a clean break. While her exit as a board member at the end of the year is a big shift, Jung will continue to be a special advisor to the board starting in 2013. From a technical standpoint, this stock looks attractive. Shares have been basing for most of the last few months, and following today's break higher, shares are much closer to support than they are to resistance. That tips the risk/reward in favor of buyers in October. For folks who decide to buy, I'd recommend keeping a protective stop nearby. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV