Nearest Resistance: $13.50
Nearest Support: $12Catalyst: T-Mobile or Sprint Merger The drama continues to spur trading in MetroPCS (PCS) this week. For those who weren't following the story, MetroPCS is in talks with T-Mobile about a merger deal right now. The move sparked a big rally in shares of PCS earlier in the week that's mostly settled down at this point -- but news that Sprint (S) could throw an offer on the table too makes things a little more interesting. I like PCS a lot -- the firm has a big base in the flat-price cellular business that was trading at a big discount. So last May, I put MetroPCS on my Rocket Stocks list, saying that an acquisition was the likeliest path to upside for the firm. The rally that shares have undertaken in the last several months has borne that out. At this point, though, all of the eyes on PCS have eroded away much of its upside potential. I'd recommend looking elsewhere for a better risk/reward tradeoff. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV