DENVER (AP) â¿¿ Colorado's governor is hinting that he'll announce hundreds of new jobs in an economic development announcement Friday.
Gov. John Hickenlooper planned a Denver event for the announcement. The CEO of Arrow Electronics Inc. planned to join Hickenlooper for the announcement,
Any jobs would be welcome news. Colorado's unemployment rate for August was 8.2 percent in August, a slight improvement from July's unemployment rate of 8.3 percent but still higher than officials would like.
Arrow moved its headquarters from Melville, N.Y., to Englewood one year ago. Colorado approved tax credits for Arrow of up to $11 million over five years if 1,250 jobs are created.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV