Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ETP) and Sunoco, Inc. (NYSE:SUN) today announced the successful completion of the previously announced merger of a wholly owned subsidiary of ETP, with and into Sunoco, with Sunoco surviving the merger as a subsidiary of ETP.
Under the terms of the merger agreement, Sunoco shareholders were able to receive, for each Sunoco common share they owned, a combination of $25.00 in cash and 0.5245 of an ETP common unit (the “Standard Mix of Consideration”). In lieu of receiving this Standard Mix of Consideration, Sunoco shareholders, for each Sunoco common share they owned, could make an election to receive $50.00 in cash (the “Cash Consideration”) or 1.0490 ETP common units (the “Unit Consideration”), with such Cash Consideration and Unit Consideration subject to proration in accordance with the merger agreement. Because the Cash Consideration was oversubscribed, all holders making a cash election will have their Cash Consideration prorated and a portion of it will be substituted with ETP common units in accordance with the terms of the merger agreement. Based on the final results of the merger consideration elections:
- holders of approximately 2.59% of outstanding Sunoco shares, or approximately 2,711,665 shares, elected to and will receive the Standard Mix of Consideration;
- holders of approximately 72.37% of outstanding Sunoco shares, or approximately 75,844,918 shares, elected the Cash Consideration and will receive $26.47 in cash and 0.493730 of an ETP common unit;
- holders of approximately 4.24% of outstanding Sunoco shares, or approximately 4,449,502 shares, elected to and will receive the Unit Consideration; and
- holders of approximately 20.80% of outstanding Sunoco shares, or approximately 21,801,776 shares, made no election, and will receive the Standard Mix of Consideration.
In the aggregate, Sunoco shareholders will receive 50% of the merger consideration in cash and 50% in ETP common units. The total consideration to be paid in cash will be approximately $2.6 billion and the total consideration to be paid in equity will be approximately 54,971,724 ETP common units.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV