CHARLOTTE, N.C., Oct. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems held a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by dignitaries, partners and suppliers to celebrate the inauguration of its new Propeller Systems facility in Casablanca, Morocco. The new subsidiary, Ratier-Figeac Maroc, (RFM) is UTC Aerospace Systems' first facility in Africa. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
"We are delighted to celebrate the opening of RFM in Morocco and to build partnerships within the community," said Michel Ferey, who leads the Propeller Systems business at UTC Aerospace Systems. "This is a great opportunity for UTC Aerospace Systems to expand operations and grow our Propeller Systems business."
RFM was created in January 2011 as part of an ongoing Propeller Systems' cost reduction strategy. During the facility's construction, RFM technicians trained at the IMA ("Institut des Metiers de l'Aeronautique") – the Moroccan Institute specialized in training in aeronautical activities. Employees began working onsite at the RFM facility in Morocco upon the building's completion in March 2012.
In addition to the ribbon-cutting ceremony, the inauguration included a tour of the RFM assembly shop and several speeches by key dignitaries, including the French Ambassador in Morocco, the President of the GIMAS, and the Moroccan Minister Abdelkader Amara, who thanked the Propeller Systems' team for its confidence in Morocco to build this new industrial site.The RFM facility covers 46,000 square feet, and is specialized in the assembly of cockpit controls and cabin equipment. UTC Aerospace Systems' Propeller Systems unit designs, manufactures and services propeller systems, cockpit controls, cabin equipment and Trimmable Horizontal Stabilizer Actuator (THSA) systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft..
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV