- Boston Beer has publicly stated that it is "prepared to forsake earnings in the short-term" to invest. Yet, the stock trades at 25x forward earnings (beyond exorbitant multiple for a packaged food company or a consumer staple, you choose), building in a takeover rumor in the valuation that has been around for as long as I have covered the company (Qualifications #1 and #2).
- The heart of the business, Sam Adams non-seasonal brews, is experiencing waning volume (Qualification #3).
- The gross margin is being eaten by higher costs and unfavorable product mix (Qualification #3).
The Day Ahead: Channel Your Inner Financial Bushwhacker
Oct 05, 2012 | 09:01 AM EDT
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas