To this day, Apple has kept up the Remembering Steve Jobs page on its website, as consumers from around the world posted thoughts, feelings, and sentiment as the world out-poured with emotion.
CEOs step down for health reasons every year, and some of them unfortunately succumb to their illnesses, but Jobs' death caused dignitaries from around the globe, including President Obama, to make comments.
Rival companies such as Google (GOOG) (Larry Page) and Microsoft (MSFT) (Bill Gates) put out condolences. Disney (DIS) CEO Bob Iger was a close friend and business partner, and said, "His legacy will extend far beyond the products he created or the businesses he built. It will be the millions of people he inspired, the lives he changed, and the culture he defined."
Jobs, who had a scare with pancreatic cancer in 2004, made very candid remarks about death, when speaking at Stanford University in 2005. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."I've included some thoughts from Twitter reflecting the sentiment surrounding the anniversary, and the profound impact Steve Jobs had on the world.
We miss Steve Jobs | youtube.com/watch?v=7929Gc... | #SteveJobs— Henning M ツ (@madeby) October 5, 2012
'My favourite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.' #stevejobs— Sunjay Morar (@sunjaymorar) October 5, 2012
Remembering #SteveJobs, the charismatic pioneer of the personal computer revolution. He is indeed an inspiration for our generation!— NRI Matters (@NRIMatters) October 5, 2012
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV