- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, 18 percent increased staffing while 32 percent of the companies decreased employee headcounts. 50 percent of the companies surveyed maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: This recent decline should cause us to pause and consider whether or not our leaders’ inability to reconcile spending cuts and tax legislation, known as the “fiscal cliff,” is having a greater impact on the mindset of the small business owner.
- What-to-watch: It has been the common belief that uncertainty caused by the “fiscal cliff” has slowed investments by our country’s entrepreneurs. Until our leaders develop a solution and provide some clarity, a robust holiday hiring season could be in question.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Sees Significant Drop
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.