This Day On The Street
Continue to site
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Global Partners Signs Agreement To Acquire Majority Interest In Basin Transload LLC

Expanding its presence in the energy-rich Bakken region, Global Partners LP (NYSE: GLP) today announced that it has signed a purchase agreement to acquire a 60% membership interest in Basin Transload LLC (“Basin Transload”), which operates two transloading facilities in North Dakota with a combined rail loading capacity of 160,000 barrels per day. The total purchase price is expected to be approximately $80 million.

The transloading facilities are approximately 195 miles apart in Columbus and Beulah, North Dakota. The Columbus facility is located along the Canadian Pacific Railway and provides single line haul service to Global’s recently expanded terminal in Albany, NY. Basin Transload’s Beulah site, which supports crude oil production efforts in the Williston Basin, is located along the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad with direct long-haul service to the West Coast and Gulf Coast markets. The Partnership owns and operates a 100,000 barrel storage tank and truck offloading rack at the Columbus facility.

Under the purchase agreement, Global will acquire a 60% membership interest in Basin Transload, with the remaining 40% split evenly between current owners TGC, L.P. and MBI Holdings, LLC. Global intends to arrange an optimal financing structure for the transaction, and is currently considering several debt financing options.

The transaction is expected to be accretive in the first full year of operation, based on current operating and anticipated future performance of the Basin Transload assets and economic and market conditions.

“The acquisition of a majority stake in Basin Transload significantly broadens and strengthens our energy infrastructure in the Bakken region,” said Eric Slifka, Global’s president and chief executive officer. “The strategic locations of the Basin Transload facilities, as well as their proximity and ease of access to key suppliers, create flexibility and logistical advantages for Global. These assets enhance our footprint in one of the fastest growing oil producing regions in North America, creating new opportunities to drive product volumes and increase cash flow through a wide range of value-added services to producers and refiners.”

1 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!
SYM TRADE IT LAST %CHG

Markets

DOW 18,080.14 +21.45 0.12%
S&P 500 2,117.69 +4.76 0.23%
NASDAQ 5,092.0850 +36.0220 0.71%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs