Otelco (OTT) provides a range of telecommunications services on a retail and wholesale basis. This stock closed up 8.6% to $2.02 in recent trading.
Thursday's Range: $1.86-$2.0852-Week Range: $1.52-$16.73 Volume: 178,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 199,181 >>8 Tech Stocks Leading the Market From a technical perspective, OTT ripped to the upside here right off some near-term support at $1.75 with decent volume. This stock was hammered by the sellers during the month of August, with shares plunging from $7.43 to its recent low of $1.52. Since tagging that low, shares of OTT have started to trend range bound for the last month, with the stock moving between $2.14 on the upside and $1.52 on the downside. Shares of OTT have also started to form a pattern of higher lows since hitting $1.52. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in OTT once it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $2.14 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $2.14 with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 199,181 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then this stock could explode to the upside and re-test or take out its 50-day at $2.96.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV