TAIPEI, Taiwan, Oct. 5, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corporation Limited (Nasdaq:APWC) ("APWC" or the "Company"), a leading manufacturer of wire and cable products for the telecommunications and electric-power industries in selected Asia-Pacific markets, today announced consolidated financial results for the six months ended June 30, 2012.
Six Months Ended June 30, 2012 Financial Highlights:
- Revenues were $215.3 million, a decrease of 20.4% from $270.5 million in 1H 2011
- Gross profit was $22.8 million, a decrease of 22.4% from $29.3 million in 1H 2011
- Gross profit margin was 10.6%, compared with 10.8% in 1H 2011
- Net income attributable to APWC shareholders was $5.3 million, an increase of 3% from $5.1 million in 1H 2011
- Basic and diluted earnings per share was $0.38, an increase of 2.7% from $0.37 in 1H 2011
- $54.2 million in cash and cash equivalents at June 30, 2012
APWC's first half 2012 revenues were adversely impacted by the severe flooding in Thailand that forced the temporary closure of many businesses in Thailand during the first quarter, including the Company's Siam Pacific operations. As of April 2012, the Company's Siam Pacific manufacturing facility in Thailand was fully rehabilitated and is now functioning at full operating capacity.Financial Summary
|$ million USD, except EPS||1H 2012||1H 2011||% Change|
|Selling, General and Administrative Expenses||$15.5||$17.0||-8.5%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV