Google has maintained that its scanning is covered by fair-use provisions of copyright law, although it offered to remove specific books from its index upon request. It also showed only snippets of the copyrighted books unless permission was given to show more.
Draghi nudges Spain to take up bond plan
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) â¿¿ European Central Bank President Mario Draghi nudged Spain and its European partners to take up the bank's offer to help with the country's high debt costs, reassuring Madrid that the conditions for getting the assistance "don't need to be punitive."The ECB chief said at a news conference in Brdo Pri Kranju, Slovenia, that Spain had made "significant progress" toward getting its finances under control, adding that a number of measures had been "announced, legislated, and implemented" in only a short period of time. Draghi, however, said it was up to Spain to decide whether to seek help. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average gained 80.75 points to close at 13,575.36. The Standard & Poor's 500 index climbed 10.41 points to 1,461.40. The Nasdaq composite rose 14.23 points to 3,149.46. Oil settled at $91.71 per barrel, up $3.57, or 4 percent, on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Brent crude, used to price international varieties of oil, rose $4.41, or 4.1 percent, to $112.58. Wholesale gasoline rose 14.34 cents, or 5.1 percent, to $2.943 per gallon. Natural gas rose a penny to $3.406 per 1,000 cubic feet. Heating oil added 12.2 cents, or 4 percent, to $3.1884 per gallon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV