AWNY Centennial Luncheon Celebrates 100 Years Of Achievements By Women In Communications
NEW YORK, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Founded 100 years ago today, Advertising Women of New York (AWNY) marked its Centennial with a power-packed luncheon celebrating a century's worth of achievements by women in communications. The luncheon drew 500 attendees to Manhattan's Gotham Hall, where sponsors AOL, Google, Time Warner Cable Media, VEVO and OMD honored 10 of the industry's most distinguished women. It was the pinnacle event in a series of Centennial initiatives by AWNY, the premier organization for women in advertising, marketing, media, digital, promotions and public relations.
Rebecca Jarvis of CBS-TV emceed the luncheon, which began with a three-minute video on AWNY. Among the event highlights was a proclamation by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg marking October 4, 2012 as "Advertising Women of New York Day" and citing AWNY for its profound role in making "this city the best place for women in advertising and related fields to grow their careers." AWNY also used the luncheon as a platform to announce the 15 winners of its $150,000 Education Loan Relief Scholarship Fund, launched in June 2012 to alleviate the financial burden of AWNY members grappling with student loan debt. Entertainment was provided by Scottish-born singer Emeli Sande, who won international acclaim with her performances at the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2012 Olympic Games.
2012 HonoreesEach an exemplar of AWNY's commitment to support "women making business better," the 2012 honorees collectively are inspirational, innovative, groundbreaking, catalysts, and "makers" of the industry. The honorees include:
- Allison Arden, Publisher, Advertising Age
- Carole Black, Former CEO & President of Lifetime Entertainment
- Sarah Chubb Sauvayre, President/General Manager, Gilt City
- Wendy Clark, SVP, Integrated Marketing Communications & Capabilities, Coca-Cola
- Laura Desmond, CEO at Starcom MediaVest Group
- Nora Ephron, Screenwriter and Author
- Jessica Jackley, Co-founder, Kiva
- Kim Kadlec - Worldwide VP, Global Marketing Group, Johnson & Johnson
- Shelly Lazarus, Chairman Emeritus, Ogilvy & Mather
- Linda Yaccarino, President, Advertising Sales, NBCUniversal
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV