NEW YORK, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions, has been named one of Corporate Responsibility magazine's Best Corporate Citizens for 2012 in the Business Services sector . ManpowerGroup was named in second place and is the only company in its industry to make the top 10.
ManpowerGroup was recognized as one of the top two companies in the sector for its performance as a change agent in the categories of environment, climate change, human rights, employee relations, corporate governance, finances and philanthropy. The 10 Best Corporate Citizens by Industry rankings were unveiled following the 2012 Commit!Forum, an annual conference that brings together the world's leaders shaping the face of corporate responsibility to tackle the challenging issues surrounding the role of business in society.
"With the world firmly in the Human Age, where there are new demands for innovation, productivity and talent, businesses of all sizes must be agile enough to adapt to the fast-changing environment and effectively operate in a profitable yet sustainable way," said Jeffrey A. Joerres, ManpowerGroup Chairman and CEO. "More than ever before, being a responsible company is now a key driver of employee engagement, which is essential for an organization to unleash human potential and earn a competitive advantage."The full rundown of Industry Sector Best Corporate Citizens lists can be viewed at: http://www.thecro.com/content/apples-apples
Joerres, who received the inaugural Corporate Responsibility Magazine Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2011 Commit!Forum for leading a company that brings corporate social responsibility (CSR) to life every day, participated in the forum's Annual Responsible C-Suite Roundtable at the New York Stock Exchange. The panel explored CEOs' approaches to CSR, how CSR gains traction within an organization, the ways it drives strategic value for businesses and the measurable impact of CSR programs. Joerres was joined for the discussion by:
- Duncan Niederauer, CEO, NYSE Euronext (Moderator)
- Nicholas K. Akins, President and CEO, American Electric Power
- Hikmet Ersek, President, CEO and Director, The Western Union Company
- Jeffrey M. Ettinger, Chairman, President and CEO, Hormel Foods
- Bob Moritz, US Chairman and Senior Partner, PwC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV