So with Bennett now in command, Cramer said Symantec has finally become safe for investors again. He suggested building a position ahead of the company's Oct. 24 earnings and buying even more on weakness after their release.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer reiterated there is absolutely no reason to own shares of Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) after interviewing company's CEO Meg Whitman earlier today.
Cramer said that unlike Steve Job's famed "reality distortion field," Whitman's distortions made her sound like a politician, full of hope and promise but severely lacking in a plan to get the job done.
Whitman offered no case for owning HP, said Cramer, and even said the company likely won't be able to turn things around until 2014.It may be hard to fathom that such venerable companies like HP can one day just disappear, but Cramer said that's just the way of technology -- as we saw with Digital Equipment, Wang and, more recently, Kodak. Hewlett-Packard, Cramer concluded, may be having its Kodak moment right now. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV