SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq:ZNGA), the world's leading provider of social game services, today announced certain preliminary financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Zynga expects to report revenue in the range of $300 million to $305 million and bookings in the range of $250 million to $255 million for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012. Zynga expects to report a net loss of between $90 million and $105 million, non-GAAP net loss between $2 million and $5 million and adjusted EBITDA between $10 million and $15 million for the third quarter. In addition, Zynga expects to report diluted EPS between ($0.12) and ($0.14) and non-GAAP EPS between $0.00 and ($0.01) for the third quarter. Preliminary third quarter results primarily reflect weakness of certain games in our web "invest and express" category , and include an estimated impairment charge between $85 million and $95 million (excluding any income tax impact) related to the intangible assets previously acquired in connection with the company's purchase of OMGPOP .
Zynga is also lowering its outlook for full year 2012 to reflect preliminary third quarter results and revised expectations for the remainder of 2012. The change in outlook is primarily due to reduced expectations for certain web games including The Ville, and delays in launching several new games .The company's updated outlook for full year 2012 includes:
- Bookings projected to be in the range of $1.085 billion to $1.100 billion (compared to previous expectations of between $1.150 billion to $1.225 billion).
- Adjusted EBITDA projected to be in the range of $147 million to $162 million (compared to previous expectations of between $180 million to $250 million).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV