MONTERREY, Mexico, Oct. 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (Nasdaq:OMAB) (BMV:OMA), reports that terminal passenger traffic at its 13 airports increased 6.9% in September 2012, as compared to September 2011. Domestic traffic increased 6.6%, and international traffic increased 8.9%. Traffic volumes have increased for thirteen months in a row, starting in September 2011, as a result of the recovery of the air transport industry in Mexico and OMA's actions in coordination with the government and private sector to promote greater air connectivity in the markets where our airports are located.
Of total September traffic, 97.4% was commercial aviation and 2.6% was general aviation.
|Sep-11||Sep-12||Change %||Jan-Sep 2011||Jan-Sep 2012||Change %|
* Terminal passengers: includes passengers on the three types of aviation (commercial, charter, and general aviation), and excludes passengers in transit.Domestic traffic increased in nine airports in September, with the most noteworthy increases in Monterrey (+13.8%), Chihuahua (+12.0%), Reynosa (+36.2%), and Ciudad Juárez (+5.8%). In Monterrey, traffic increased principally on the routes to Mexico City, Cancún, and Guadalajara. Chihuahua traffic increased on the Guadalajara and Mexico City routes. Reynosa increased traffic on the Mexico City route. Ciudad Juárez increased traffic on the routes to Guadalajara and Mexico City. The most significant reductions were at the Mazatlán (-9.2%) and Zihuatanejo (-5.1%) airports. In Mazatlán, general aviation traffic decreased; in Zihuatanejo, traffic decreased on the Mexico City route. Aeroméxico Connect started operating the Monterrey-Morelia route during the month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV