10 Holiday Jobs for Retirees
Retail sales cashier
The hours: Variable. Plan on working evenings and weekends.
Median pay range: Pay can range from $7.15 to more than $12 an hour.Qualifications: Cashiers need little or no previous experience, although it helps. Training is generally on the go with a more seasoned co-worker. Department and chain stores might offer a short training course to get you up to speed on customer service, security, the store's policies and procedures and cash register operation. Employers generally run a background or credit score check to make sure you can be trusted to handle money. You should be at ease with financial transactions and basic computer commands. Remember: The customer is always right. --Written by Caitlin Walsh in Boston, with excerpts from Great Jobs for Everyone 50+: Finding Work That Keeps You Happy and Healthy ... And Pays the Bills.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV