The buying didn't last though and after running as high as $22.40, the shares were recently changing hands at $21.81, down 2 cents.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg penned a blog post thanking the users for helping the network grow. "If you're reading this: thank you for giving me and my little team the honor of serving you," Zuckerberg wrote as part of the post.
Informatica (INFA) plunged 23.97% to $25.57 after the company announced it would miss earnings and revenue expectations for the coming quarter. The Redwood City, Calif.-based data software company forecast earnings of 25 to 27 cents a share for its fiscal third quarter ended in September on revenue of between $189 million and $191 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for revenue of $200.77 million and earnings of 34 cents a share. In the press release, Sohaib Abbasi, Informatica's CEO, blamed the majority of the shortfall on weakness in Europe. Interested in more on Informatica? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV