NAMWOLF Names New CEO And General Counsel
MILWAUKEE, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF) announced today that it has named David Askew as Chief Executive Officer and General Counsel. Askew succeeds Jason Brown, who stepped down to join MillerCoors.
"We are thrilled to welcome David to his new role at NAMWOLF," said Linda Burwell, a partner in the law firm of Nemeth Burwell, member of the NAMWOLF Board of Directors and chair of the search committee tasked with finding a new executive leader for the organization. "His experience, coupled with his demonstrated passion for promoting the interests of minorities and women, will help NAMWOLF increase its stature as the premier organization of its kind in the legal community."
Prior to joining NAMWOLF, Askew served as Director of the Pro Bono Program at the international law firm of Edwards Wildman Palmer, LLP and its predecessor firm Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon, LLP. Prior to becoming the firm's Director of Pro Bono, he served as Deputy Chief of the Civil Rights Bureau in the Illinois Attorney General's Office. Askew was also a litigation associate at Wildman Harrold after serving in the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps.
Askew continues to serve as the volunteer Executive Director of the Midwest Minority In-House Counsel Group, an organization he founded in 2008 to provide networking, mentoring and professional development opportunities to more than 300 in-house lawyers within the Midwest. He is also active in a variety of civic and charitable organizations."I am honored to be chosen to continue the great work that NAMWOLF is already doing," said Askew. "And I am excited about the opportunities I see to open even more doors for minority and women owned law firms to work with corporate in-house legal departments across the country."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV