First, the good news. AT&T will be carrying both new Windows Phone 8 models - the flagship Lumia 920 and the mid-range Lumia 820.
To refresh your memory (pun intended), The Lumia 920 will sport a 4.5-inch touchscreen, a dual-core processor, 8 megapixel PureView camera (capable of 1080p) with Carl Zeiss lens, inductive battery charging and, of course, all the bells and whistles associated with Microsoft's (MSFT) upcoming major OS overhaul - Windows Phone 8.
The Lumia 820 will also run on the new Windows Phone 8 OS and the same 1.5 GHz Qualcomm (QCOM) Snapdragon processor but will have some lesser specs nearly everywhere else. It will come with 4.3-inch screen, 8 MP (not Pure View), less memory and the cool, inductive battery charging will be available only after you purchase a special phone back cover.AT&T says that the 920 will come in red, white, black, yellow and cyan, while the 820 will only be sold in black. Both phones will be able to take advantage of AT&T's 4G/LTE service (in all the places it exists). And, both phones will be made available from AT&T sometime "in November". But, the big question remains unanswered. AT&T says nothing about pricing of the two new Nokia phones. All it says is "We'll announce pricing and availability in the coming weeks." --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV