DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- New TV, digital and print campaign – featuring Italian "La Linea" character popularized in the U.S. in the 1970s and 80s – highlights how Ford C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid top Toyota Prius v and Prius plug-in in MPGe and more
- New ads also showcase C-MAX Hybrid's "real-vehicle" performance, technology and value to attract non-hybrid intenders who have not been willing to sacrifice attributes they are used to receiving from traditional gas-powered vehicles
- C-MAX Hybrid delivers EPA-certified 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway ratings – 7 mpg better than Prius v on the highway – for a 47 mpg combined rating
- All-new 2013 C-MAX Hybrid is expected to be America's most affordable hybrid utility vehicle with a base price of $25,995, including destination and delivery, which is $1,300 lower than Prius v
Ford is drawing on the popularity of a classic animated television character to establish C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid as better, more fuel-efficient hybrid alternatives to Toyota Prius v through a new advertising campaign that breaks tonight.
Reviving a classic 1970s character from a popular Italian animated children's series called "La Linea" – also a hit in the U.S. in the 1980s – the new ads use the series' familiar style to showcase C-MAX Hybrid's "real-vehicle" performance, technology and value to new buyers.
"The 'La Linea' C-MAX Hybrid ads are simple, unique spots that will introduce our first all-hybrid line in North America to Americans by hand-drawing the vehicle's silhouette and showing how it beats Prius v, especially in fuel economy," says Matt VanDyke, director, U.S. Marketing Communications, Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F). "We also are targeting customers who have been sitting on the hybrid fence by showing how the new C-MAX Hybrid offers the value, performance and technology they previously thought had to be sacrificed for efficiency."The national campaign for C-MAX launches across the U.S. today and features TV and digital components. Integrated efforts featuring social media, print ads and events are to follow in targeted regions.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts